Consider the possibility that the grumpy boss, fussy gym partner, or obstinate roomie with a false sense of entitlement just showed up in your life to test your mettle. That might be true, thanks to the mysterious workings of the Universe. The important thing is to see the disconnectedness of all things-not just people you like. It takes courage to work on empathy, forgiveness, and mercy to extend the hand of friendship to someone you see as an adversary or someone with imperfections. However, in do doing you may begin to glimpse a compassionate Universe.
1. Close your eyes and sit quietly with your spine straight.
2. Be aware and anchored in the moment.
3. Notice your breath and marvel at the mystery of breath- it gives live through Divine Grace.
4. Focus on someone with whom you experience conflict.
5. Inhale deeply and exhale.
6. Ask yourself: How does removing my ego change the relationship?
7. Breathe in and out, remembering that yoga is about detaching from chitta vrittis, or mind waves, to find equanimity, and view the relationship with perspective.
10. Breathe in ad out. Direct the energy of appreciation telepathically as thought it were a thread connecting your heart to the core of that other soul.