Gratitude Meditation to Build your “resilience muscle” through gratitude in this meditation.
1. Take some time to place yourself in a comfortable position. Take a few deep breaths and let your chest rise and fall with each inhalation and exhalation. When you are ready, let your eyes drift closed.
2. As you continue to breathe slowly and deeply, let your attention rest gently on your breath. Feeling the movement as it enters and exits your body. Each time you exhale, let go of any tension. Relax your face, your shoulders, your belly, your legs.
3. On your next exhale, settle your attention to the area around your heart. Focus on the feelings of love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness.
4. With your attention on your heart center, bring to mind something or someone you are grateful for. 5. As you continue with your easy, relaxed breathing, perhaps you feel gratitude for being alive, or healthy.
6. Perhaps you are grateful for the abundance of nature that produces food to nourish your body, and beautiful scenery to nourish your soul.
7. Bring your attention to people who truly nourish you in your life and how they bless you with their presence.
8. Feel gratitude for your own life and the many gifts you have been blessed with.
9. Now bring your attention to how this gratitude feels in the area around your heart. With each inhale, let this feeling grow outwards. Expanding to fill your chest, your arms and hands, your legs and feet. With each inhale this feeling grows, filling you up.
10. And now, even as you return your attention to your breath, let your body remember the sensations of your gratitude.