Nature speaks directly to the senses~drawing you outward and inward at the same time and fostering a deep, abiding sense that the earth (which some see as a living entity) is due our respect, gratitude, protection, and enduring friendship. Meditate on ways you might honor and befriend the earth.
1. Find a comfortable seat preferably in nature. Align yourself with the natural world, and be fully aware and present to it.
2. Feel open, serene, and relaxed as your senses soak up the setting.
3. Let your awareness take in the sounds, scent and sensations, but don't get caught up in them. Instead allow your senses to anchor you into being fully attentive and present.
4. Sense the interconnectedness between you and your setting, earth.
5. Observe how sharp your senses become as you sit in mindful awareness.
6. Allow nature to buoy and nourish your spirit as you sink into the rapture of inner quietude.
7. Feel at one with all in your natural setting.
8. Expand your consciousness to include a sense of oneness with all of nature and the universe.
9. Feel humbled, inspired, and grateful to your friend, the earth.
Inspired by Meera lester