Aries Yogastrology Kit
Assert your inner Aries with Warrior Two!
Your Aries Kit comes with an amethyst crystal to soothe, calm and heal your fiery heart and a yoga pose card.
Mars-ruled, this fire sign is all about the fight, so harness the energy of the Ram with a little yogastrology – Aries style!
Warrior Two, a full body energizer, remember to keep the front knee over its ankle, and the back foot flat on the ground. Gaze fixed over your front middle finger. Lift from the ground up to maximize the energy of amazing Aries.
MARCH 20 – APRIL 19
Symbol: The Ram / Element: Fire / Mode: Cardinal
As the first sign in the zodiac, Aries represents pure life force energy. It’s the energy of initiation: a seed pushing up from the earth, a baby being birthed, an idea striking like lightning.
THE RAM IS THE ARIES SYMBOL, and rightfully so: the ram charges forward towards what it wants with passion, courage and daring. It doesn’t ask permission or think about consequences, the ram just does.
With Aries, there is also an energy of SELFISHNESS.
Not insensitivity to others needs or closed mindedness (although it can sometimes come off that way), but the ability to say (as Steven Forrest so eloquently explains in his book, The Inner Sky): “This is my life. I have the right to seek whatever experience I need to have. Nothing will stand between me and my growth. Not another person. Not any circumstance. Not even my own fears.”
ARIES ASKS US TO ASK OURSELVES:
Who am I? and
What do I want?
Without clarity on these two questions, we fight the wrong wars, or worse, we drift aimlessly, without passion, purpose or drive (all essential Arian qualities).
Strategies of Aries:
- Creativity and ingenuity under stress.
- Strong will and determination.
- Ability to live in the presence of fear, and act clearly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.
- Fierce independence and often disregard for external authorities, societal systems and “the ways things are done.”
Shadows of Aries:
- Fighting the wrong battles (either because they are unclear on what they want, or simply because they are fighting because that’s the only thing they know how to do)
- Burn out from stress.
- Trouble maintaining self image without something to fight for or fight against (ie struggling with the question of “Who am I?” in times of peace and calm)
- Inability to ask for and accept help.
How to utilize the Aries energy:
- Get to know yourself, your desires and your primary motivations. My favorite way to do this is through learning about your astrological birth chart and human design, but other personality assessments work too! Learning more about yourself can help you answer those questions “Who am I?” and “What do I want?”
- Move your body! Aries is a fire sign and loves to sweat and move with intensity. Maybe now is a good time to try out that HIIT class you’ve been eyeing at the gym or go out for a run.
- Start a passion project. What lights you up? What could you do for hours? Now is the time to spend more time with these “passion projects.” Whether they are for fun or for business doesn’t matter, what’s important is that you’re stoking that flame of inspiration.
Inspired by Emily Nachezel