Taurus Yogastrology Kit
Find pleasure in your life Taurus with Bridge Pose!
Your Taurus Kit comes with a Carnelian Crystal to increase courage and confidence and a Bridge Pose card.
Venus-ruled, this Earth sign is all about routine, familiarity, and stability, so harness the energy of the Bull with a little yogastrology – Taurus style!
Bridge Pose allows you Taurus to sit in your stillness. Remember to expand the entire chest creating space to breathe and open your throat.
April 20- May 20
Symbol: The Bull / Element: Earth / Mode: Fixed
THIS MONTH THE SUN MOVES THROUGH THE SIGN OF TAURUS.
If your personal sun sign is in Taurus, you may feel like the universe is speaking your language for the next 30 days. But regardless of whether you have any Taurus in your birth chart, the collective will also feel the Taurus energy throughout this period.
The bull is the Taurus symbol, but not the bull running towards the fight full of anger. No, this bull is the strong and steady animal, standing in stillness, being most at peace with nature and the world around him.
TAURUS ASKS US TO SIT WITH OURSELVES FULLY - not with an intellectual or ideological construct of ourselves, but our physical bodies: our breathing lungs, our beating hearts, our senses and our sensitivities.
Connecting with our senses requires us to be present. Not distracted by the stories of our pasts, not enchanted by our hopes for the future, but what IS right here and right now.
Many astrologers say that Taurus is a stable sign - sure, it’s earthy, fixed nature supports stability and security, especially in the material realm. However, if Taurus only finds himself secure through earthly things (a nice home, a beautiful meal, a retirement plan) the sign misses its mark and can become stubborn, bored and ultimately stuck.
TAURUS MUST LEARN TO EXPERIENCE ALL THE PLEASURES OF LIFE, BUT NOT BECOME TOO ATTACHED TO THEM. He must learn to find joy in even the simplest of moments, impart discipline when needed, and ultimately feel a sense of reverence for life itself.
Strategies of Taurus:
- Strong connection to the physical world, and the importance of our homes, office places and neighborhoods.
- Ability to feel through the five senses.
- At home in nature, with stillness and quiet.
- Consistency with habits.
- Ability to ground ideas into reality (which can result in fame, prestige and financial abundance) and to stay focused on a task, even if it’s a momentous one.
- Not easily disturbed or flustered.
- Appreciation of beauty and finer things like art, music, fashion.
Shadows of Taurus:
- Physical and energetic stagnation (constipation, weight gain, feeling of being “stuck” in any situation).
- Overindulgence (especially with the things we use to make us “comfortable” - food, entertainment, material possessions)
- Rigidity in routines.
- Inability to go with the flow or change their mind.
- Mistaking financial or physical security for emotional and energetic security.
How to utilize the Taurus energy:
- Use your senses to be in the present moment and get in your body. Move, dance, sing, touch, use essential oils, listen to music.
- Spend time with nature. Go for a hike, garden, be with your pets. It’s not so much about getting sweaty or dirty, but rather observing the natural world.
- Assess your habits, particularly around consumption (of food, alcohol and entertainment) and spending. Is there an area you can do with less?
- Do a physical (or energetic) cleanse. Clean out your closet, review your finances, get rid of things that don’t bring you joy.
- Meditate, or spend time in silence.
- Practice taking things one day at a time, one step at a time, focusing on the task at hand.
Inspired by Emily Nachezel