Cancer Yogastrology Kit
Honor your nurturing spirit Cancer with Cobra Pose.
Your Cancer Kit comes with a Rose Quartz Crystal to open your heart to yourself and a Cobra Pose card.
Cancer, the crab, is a watery sign, ruled by the Moon. It is known as the mother sign, with a strong desire to care for, to nourish, and to protect others. It's a homely sign, associated with anything enclosed that surrounds and protects; including the womb, the cradle, and the grave. The private and the hidden are concerns for this sign. Keywords are sensitive and protective.
JUNE 21 – JULY 22
Symbol: The Crab / Element: Water / Mode: Cardinal
THIS MONTH IS ALL ABOUT GOING IN AND TAKING INVENTORY WITH THE INTENTION TO CREATE REAL CHANGE NOT ONLY IN OURSELVES, BUT IN THE WORLD.
There are many ways to reflect (a number of which are listed below in the “Strategies” section), but probably my favorite is by getting curious.
WHEN YOU’RE TRIGGERED OR ACTIVATED, OR YOU FEEL YOURSELF GOING INTO AN OLD PATTERN, ASK YOURSELF:
What and how am I feeling? Why do I act or react the way that I do? Is this how I want to feel, how I want to show up, how I want to be? If not, how can I nurture myself safely into a new reality?
Strategies of Cancer:
- Introspection and self reflection
- Deep feeler (empathetic and psychic by nature)
- Nurturing, compassionate, and often selfless
- Fiercely protective of loved ones
Shadows of Cancer:
- Struggling with the balance of boundaries/vulnerability, introspection/being in the world
- Numbing instead of soothing
- Emotional overwhelm, which can often lead to burnout or shutting others / the world out
- Helping people who aren’t willing to help themselves
- Own needs become invisible
How to utilize the Cancer energy:
- Spend time alone, in quiet to connect to yourself (and your higher self)
- Amp up your introspective and reflective practices: journaling or therapeutic writing, meditation, using tarot or oracle cards, talking out loud to yourself, etc
- Moving meditation techniques like yoga, tai chi, walking, or hiking
- Feel your feelings! Reflection can help this, so can music, time in nature and being less busy. I like to reference this FEELINGS WHEEL to get to know my feelings better
- Take a long shower or salt bath (Cancer is a water sign after all!)
- Notice where and when you tend to “escape” or numb out, and practice turning to healthy self soothing techniques
- Nourish your nervous system. Some ideas: breathwork, herbal teas (chamomile, lemon balm, lavender), CBD, self massage/foam rolling, clear the energy of your space (with sage or palo santo), turn off your WiFi/cell phone/news/notifications
Inspired by: Emily Nachezel